Dubbed as the Playground of the Gods, Mt. Pulag, the third highest mountain in the Philippines (Mt. Dulang-Dulang is a few meters higher) and the highest in Luzon is undoubtedly the most prominent mountain in the country. Despite its easy-trail via Ambangeg, it will take you eight-hour hike to summit and back compare to the other trails where it will take you days to finish its traverse. Climbing Mount Pulag has been in demand these days. Almost everyone, from beginners to veteran mountaineers wants to climb Mount Pulag. Who wouldn’t want to visit Mount Pulag? It’s a worthy-destination you should include in your bucketlist. Here are top five reasons why you should climb the “playground of the gods” and why you should do it now!
1. Experience the majestic view. Once you reach the first summit, the only thing you’d want to do is to bring out your camera and take photos of the captivating view at the summit. Anywhere on top of the mountain is majestic and you will definitely fall in love with every view.
2. Everything is rich in nature. Everything Mount Pulag offers is purely nature. It is a home of the nation’s rare and endangered species of flora and fauna. It is the natural habitat of the endemic Dwarf Bamboo and the Benguet pine which dominates the areas of Luzon tropical pine forests found on the mountainsides.
3. Chase the beautiful sunrise. One of the best reasons why Mount Pulag is one of the best destinations is because of its magical sunrise that you get to witness on its peak. Baguio Hotel
4. Be amaze of the clean environment. Mount Pulag offers you an opportunity to appreciate the goodness of the land. Because of its clean environment, the beauty of the mountain cannot be taken for granted. The park is well-maintained by the DENR and the locals. That is why it’s called the “playground of the gods”.
5. Dream above the “sea of clouds”. Mount Pulag is prominent for its “sea of clouds” that you can view at the summit. It is like heaven on Earth when you reach the peaks of the mountain. The view is just surreal. It is one of my main reasons why I want to climb Mount Pulag. And I just got lucky to witness the sea of clouds because of a perfect clearing at the top.
Another bucketlist unlocked this year. It has been my dream to climb Mount Pulag. I was lucky enough that have traveled in the best time where the weather is good and there is clearing, good enough to witness the sea of clouds. It was an experience I will never forget, but surely will do more.