Are you a budget traveler? A backpacker? Traveling with luxury? What are the things you always keep inside your backpack or luggage?
As a budget traveler, I always prefer to travel lite. So I make sure I bring the best and most important stuff I can use throughout my trip. Packing your stuff is quite a job, really. You pack all the things you need and make sure you don’t forget anything. That is why making a travel checklist is very essential. And before generating your checklist, you have to be acquainted with your planned destination. What am I saying? Packing your stuff when you are traveling in a humid country is different from packing when traveling to a cold country. Check the current weather of your destination so you know what to bring or not to bring during your trip. Also, this could help you avoid getting exceeded on your allowed baggage load returning home. Sure you’ll get to have lots of those souvenirs from your trip back home. In this post, I’m sharing my own list.
- Travel Documents – This include your passport, air ticket or e-ticket, boarding pass, invitation letter, etc. These are your A-tickets to all of your trips especially when you’re going out of your mother country. Double check your destination because some countries require VISA when entering their land. Don’t forget to bring your Personal ID’s. If I may suggest put all your travel documents in one envelope or pocket organizer so you can keep all these in one place and for your own convenience.
- Reservations, Itineraries & Contact Infos – Before you leave for your trip, it is vital to write down and bring along with you important contact information of services you may need. To maximize your travel, have your itinerary on-hand, always.
- Money – Of course you will need to eat during your trips. And don’t forget to visit the local markets to buy some goodies to take home.
- Technology – This includes your phone, cameras, chargers, power banks and other useful tools you may need during your trip.
- Lightweight Clothing – As I have mentioned, this depends on the weather/climate of the place you’re visiting. As much as possible, pack basic, lightweight clothes. and if you’re traveling to a place with a cold climate, you may want to bring one or two sweater or jacket. Pack an extra swimsuit just in case you may want to dive into a pool or beach.
- Toiletry Bag – What’s in it? The basics. Toothbrush, deodorant, sunscreen, moisturizer, facial wipes, lip balm, personal feminine hygiene products (for females of course), hairbrush/comb, lotion and if you’re particular to your hair products, bring your own shampoo and conditioner. But these are available at your hotel for sure.
- Day Bag – This can be used in a variety of ways and help you stay comfortable and prepared. This is where I put my sunnies, purse, cellphone, lip balm, face powder and hanky.
- Footwear – I only bring a pair of flip-flops and a pair of comfortable shoes – sneakers or a comfy flat.
Necessities for each traveler may vary, but these are the basics that are always in my luggage. What’s inside your bag?